Saturday, April 18, 2009

Youth, Camp, and the Environment

So this weekend I have found myself in McPherson, Kansas for a Regional Youth Conference. And I found myself spending time with the youth in the Western Plains District, leading them in camp games and learning/remembering about environmental issues.

These happen to be three things that I like a lot. Youth. Camp. The Environment.

Youth happen to be a passion of mine. I could see myself working with youth full time in the future.

I've spent several summers at camp and I know lots of crazy camp games. And now thanks to this weekend I know more!

Some of you may not know this, but I was an environmental science major at college. I forget how much I really enjoy the concepts and ideas and various aspects of environmental awareness until I participate in weekends like this.

So this has been a good weekend for me. Maybe all these realizations are something that I should be paying attention to. Maybe I will...

No comments: