Thursday, April 9, 2009

Letting God Bless Me

Tonight many from the HACoB gathered together for a time of remembering and thinking about what Christ would have gone through on this night before His death. It's a hard thing to think about. And strangely enough I'm not sure if I ever have in great detail before. What this night meant to Him and those he spent it with. To have taken the time to wash the disciples feet and break bread with them. Knowing what was to come the next day. I think for myself, I tend to look past the events that lead up to Easter and focus on the hope and the renewal of life and the gift that Easter brings to us. But without the events leading up to Easter Sunday, there would be no reason to celebrate. It would simply be another day in the year. It's good to be reminded of what it is that Christ did for us. 

I find myself growing more and more each and every day. I just thought to myself, "is this really me talking?" Sometimes I have to wonder where these thoughts come from. But then I think to myself, I'm just getting older and maturing and starting to really think things through. Instead of simply going through the motions, I'm beginning to think about why I am going through the motions. And this is true in many senses of my life, not just with my faith.

It could very well be that this little girl is growing up. Finding my place in this world. One question that I have been asking myself over and over again, is wondering if the decisions I make are based on what I want or if it's what God wants of me. I've been talking with several people about this and some wisdom has been shared. What if what I want and what God wants of me are one and the same? Maybe God just wants me to step up and do what I really want and allow God to bless that. Definitely something to consider. 

For now, Happy Easter.

No comments: