Thursday, April 30, 2009

Memorable Moments in Ultimate

I love playing Frisbee. And I might even say that I'm actually pretty good at it. But there are two things I don't do. Or don't do often. And that is jump and dive for the disc. I'm somewhat vertically challenged. And I just don't dive. I will say though that jumping does happen more often than diving.

But this week I had two amazing dives! It really was just that. Amazing. For the first dive I just went for it. One of my teammates threw the disc a bit off and I knew I needed to get it! So I did! And in the process I took one of the guys down with me. Oh well. He was fine.

The second dive was even better. It rained most of the day today. So the field was somewhat wet and there were puddles in various areas. I went to catch the disc and it skimmed off the tops of my fingertips. In the following split second, I realized that it was totally reachable. So I dove for it. And ended up in a HUGE mud puddle. I was covered head to toe. But I got the disc! And it felt great!

So this is me documenting my first two notable dives AND catches. Yay for Ultimate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rock on! This made me smile a lot.

Looks like I have a lot of blog to catch up on by the way. Where did all of these come from!?!? Did I miss the entire month of April - I can't believe it's May already.