Thursday, April 30, 2009

Being Directed

I am still meeting with a spiritual director once every three or four weeks or so. Depending on my travel schedule and his availability when I'm home. Anyways, we met earlier this week and it's always such a relaxing and refreshing time. In the beginning of the meeting I never know quite what to say or how to start. It's hard to just launch into the thoughts that are swirling around in my head. So I usually find myself just sitting there and looking at David waiting for him to ask me a question. Which he will. And then an hour and a half later I find myself with nothing more to say. It's always amazing to me how this happens. I just open up and the words begin to flow out of me. Often times my mouth isn't able to keep up with my thoughts. But things always come out. Things that I didn't even know I was thinking about. Realizations are made. Questions are asked. It's a very healthy thing for me to be doing. And I consider myself extremely lucky and blessed to have found David. After our meetings I feel light and free yet challenged and motivated. It's great.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think i need a spiritual director.