Monday, November 16, 2009

Sunny Side of Life

Let's face it. I'm an emotional person. And when I haven't seen the sun for a few days, watch out! But then when the sun comes back out again, things become more even keel. Especially when I can actually enjoy the sun's warmth while being out doors.

This fall I feel as though we've been so incredibly lucky. I mean here it is, the middle of November, and I am still able to be outside (well when I'm not working at the office) in short sleeves and enjoy the beautiful blue skies and the warm sun. And I just absolutely love it. Yesterday I drove from Virginia to Pennsylvania and it was a gorgeous drive. Blue skies with whisps of white clouds strewn across it. Brilliant reds and yellows and oranges scattered along the road sides in the trees. While the peak of fall may be gone, there are definitely still remains left to appreciate and enjoy.

This weather is also helping me to have a more positive outlook on life. It's like the song says: "keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side. keep on the sunny side of life!" It's definitely not an easy thing to do. Sometimes it's easier to focus on the negative things in life, but I'm trying to keep on the sunny side as an intentional effort.

It definitely helps.

No comments: