Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back in the States

Honey I'm home!

So as many of you have discovered I had no internet available to me while I was on my journey in Nigeria. I've already heard from several people that they checked every single day just to make sure that they didn't miss anything.

So now I have the huge task in front of me of telling you about my time in Nigeria. There is so much to tell and I think the easiest way for me to begin talking about what I have seen and heard is to show you pictures that will remind me of stories and thoughts that I've had as well as to be asked questions that are more direct than, "how was your trip?" My stories will come out naturally in conversation over time. And I will constantly be processing my thoughts of what I have just seen and experienced these past four weeks. (Which for the record, may SEEM like a long time, but in all honesty was not nearly long enough.)

So now I'm back stateside. In many senses part of me feels as though I didn't just experience this trip. As though it was a dream. I feel very detached from the whole experience. I think my tiredness and the fact that I'm extremely overwhelmed at this moment could have something to do with it.

Here are a few of my initial questions/thoughts:
wanting to go back, wondering what the real reason is why I want to go back, do I really want to go back because I want to or because everyone else wants me to
, what does this whole experience mean for me in my life, how will it affect my life in the long run, the relationships I've created there, the relationships I have here...I could go on and on.

Former BVSers say that they may not realize for several years how their time in BVS has affected them. I think that will be true for this experience as well. I'm not expecting the answers to come immediately, but I feel that they will be revealed in their own time.

"Unrevealed until it's season, something God alone can see."

No comments: