Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Welcoming

So this morning as I was trying not to wake up I was dreaming that I was back in Nigeria at a church service. It was the part of worship where the ZME Women's Fellowship begins singing a welcoming/greeting song and the rest of the congregation joins in. Everyone is on their feel dancing and singing and moving around greeting one another with a handshake.

This was my favorite part of the worship service. When everyone is singing and smiling and laughing and shaking hands and praising God for one another. Words cannot explain the wonderful feelings and emotions that come with this simple act of greeting one another.

So I dreamed of that this morning and then later in the day I was able to attend chapel at Bridgewater College. There was a time to greet one another. Again it was a time where I was able to greet and hug and smile at my college friends and family. This was also a special time. Only different. Different is good.

No comments: