Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Spring that Waits to Be

Whelp, tomorrow I'll be heading down the road towards warm weather, friends, old and new, a new opportunity and a ton of fun! That's right, I'm on my way to Florida where the current temperatures are in the mid 70's on average. Don't get me wrong, I do still love the cold and the snow, but this trip to the sunny (hopefully) south is a much needed break!

Over the course of the next week and a half, you'll find me in Atlanta, GA making a overnight stop to visit some BSVers there, North Miami, FL at a youth retreat led by the Interdistrict Youth Cabinet (which I was on when I was in college!), North Fort Myers, FL for a workcamp on site visit at ECHO and to visit my good friends the Reimers, and finally in Orlando, FL to spend some time with the current BVS orientation that will begin this Sunday!

Needless to say I'm a tad bit excited for all of that!

Last night during the staff retreat at the CoB offices we sang the hymn "In the bulb there is a flower" and one line stood out to me over the rest in that moment. And I'll leave you with that thought:

"In the cold and snow of winter, there's a spring that waits to be"

Well, I might not have to wait until spring to find some warmer weather, but it still is a wonderful line. One to give us all a sense of hope and what is to come in the future!

1 comment:

Dana B said...

unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see...