Monday, January 26, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

So today has been quite the day here in sunny Florida. I think I'll compare it to the book series and movie "A Series of Unfortunate Events" because in many ways that is what happened today.

Here is the Sharon version of a series of unfortunate events on this Monday January 26th:

1. Woke up early to the girls getting ready for their beach day. I could have slept in. (Not a big deal at all, but true never-the-less.)

2. Went to leave the house I was staying at. Couldn't leave. (You know most people have troubles getting IN to the house. Not me. I had problems LEAVING the house. I didn't have a key to lock the front door so I tried to go out the garage door using the automatic doors. That didn't work because I couldn't get under the door without the door automatically stopping and going back up. This was a problem. Go figure.)

3. Finally made it out of the house. Thirty minutes later.

4. Went to go get my hair cut. The salon that was recommended to me was closed on Mondays. (I think this deserves another 'go figure.')

5. Found a place to get my hair cut (this was actually a good thing, but caused the next bad thing).

6. Went to leave the parking lot. Was backed in to by a woman who didn't see me (in my bright red rental car). (Side note: I'm fine and she's fine.) (Second side note: my dad called right after the accident occured, it was like he knew or something. Gotta love dads!)

7. Went to Enterprise to check in about accident. Got the wrong directions so I had to back track a bit.

8. Got on the road to head to Fort Myers from Miami in just enough time to get Emily from the airport, luckily.

And as the movie and I think the books, end on a happy note. My day has as well. But I thought I should record this crazy day of rather unfortunate events.

No comments: