Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Official...

It's official...as of today I'm no longer a volunteer. Three years ago I moved to Elgin from Bridgewater. And about three weeks ago I started moving from Elgin into my new apartment in Chicago. So now I find myself in uncharted territory. No clear path laid out for me. No one to say 'hey Sharon, you should do this!'

The only thing that I know is that I'll be living (well, am living in Chicago since I moved all my stuff out here a week ago) in Chicago on the north side with a good friend of mine. Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure. I'm looking for work. I hope to get involved with some of the Ultimate Frisbee that Chicago has to offer, whether it's through more pick up or league play. Experiencing city life through biking along the lake front, attending a Broadway musical or two (once I have a steady income of course). And simply experiencing city life.

Today was a bitter sweet day to say the least. Saying goodbye to a great community of colleagues and friends at the Church of the Brethren offices. Starting a new part of my adventure, my journey. Wondering how I will be able to continue connecting with a denomination that I love and continue to find my voice and figure out who I am and who I want to be.

And so a new chapter begins on this journey of mine. And here we go

1 comment:

Bike for Justice said...

I've been stuck in that "what's next" phase for so long. It can be pretty lame.