Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Being Intentional

So my writing this year hasn't been the great. In fact, it has been almost non-existent! I don't know if it will change, but I'm going to try a bit harder to be more intentional about writing.

I find myself referring to many things that I hope to do as 'intentional.' I don't know why or when this shift has changed. But I find myself saying things like "when I live in the city I hope to be more intentional about..." this or the other thing. You know, like not eating out as much, buying my groceries more locally, being more aware of how to live a green lifestyle, walking or taking public transportation as much as possible and finding work so that is possible. The list could go on and on.

I think this is one thing being in BVS has showed/taught me. By being introduced to people who care about being intentional with one another, with the world, with life, with creation. All those individuals played a part in shaping the person I am now, and the person I want to be when I'm not longer officially a volunteer. So I am hoping to take this with me and introduce others to this way of living as well. Including my future roommate! It will be an adventure to see how our lives connect and how we are able to push and encourage one another in the different lives we've been leading. But I'm looking forward to living intentionally with one other person, who happens to be a good friend of mine. And to set up shop in the city of Chicago. It's gonna be a good time. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have touched on a subject that many of us wrestle with all the time. To me, being intentional about our own actions very important in this day and age. So many discretions, so much to do. How do you choose what to do and what not to do. A friend of mine once, one way or another, we are destined to be acted upon. In the face of that, we have two choices, we can choose what kind of action we want (being intentional) or allow the world to choose one for us. When I look at it from this aspect, I usually get the determination to get back on my intentional journey back to HOME.