Sunday, August 30, 2009

Good Weekend

After a summer of busy travel and new experiences, a weekend here at home to do with whatever I pleased was so extremely refreshing and much needed. I haven't had a free weekend since May. That's a long time.

So here is my fabulous weekend in a nutshell:

Saturday: slept in; played Ultimate for oh, I dunno, about 3 hours; created a feast of the infamous stuffed mushrooms (they never get old!) and vegetarian sushi for the housemates; watched Slumdog Millionaire

Sunday: attended church; ate lunch at the end of summer all church picnic at Wing Park (you really can't go wrong when it comes to Brethren pot lucks); came in second place in a croquet match; did laundry (gotta love those clean clothes!); went to dinner at the Barley House; watched a movie while folding laundry and attempting to download my photos from California and Oregon

Throw in there a lot of laughter and good conversation, blue skies and puffy white clouds with a bit of chill in the air and I've got myself a perfect weekend. It may sound busy to the average joe, but to me, it's exactly what was needed.

Believe it or not, that's an extremely chill weekend. And those are hard to find these days. Yup, it was a good weekend.

No comments: